Welcome to the blog for
the Fayston and Moretown Elementary Schools'
French Classes!

The "escargot" is a good reminder to us all that acquiring a language takes time.
A Bit of Information on French Class
I see your children two days each week. I'm at Fayston on Monday and Tuesday and at Moretown on Wednesday and Thursday. Your children will be bringing home a letter with the information below. There is no need to sign it.
I am looking forward to another year of learning, discovery and fun for both the students and me. Below is something I like to share with families at the start of the school year. Many of you have seen this already but it’s a good reminder.
A big part of acquiring a second language (and learning in general) is being comfortable
in general and comfortable taking risks and making mistakes.
It is important to remember that understanding a language comes before speaking.
Acquiring a language takes times and should not be rushed. As the French say,
"Petit à petit l'oiseau fait son nid" (Little by little the bird makes his nest.)
Your child may not able to speak much at first. This is normal and does not mean that learning is not taking place. Think of how much input (language) a baby requires before he or she can speak.
As some of you know, I use games, stories, songs, technology and partner and group activities to introduce words and phrases as well as French speaking cultures.
I will keep families informed of what we are doing in class through this blog.
I love to hear from parents so please keep in touch and let me know if you have questions, concerns or ideas. The best way to contact me is through email (elindberg@huusd.org).
Thanks for checking out my blog!
No comments:
Post a Comment